Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Fisherwoman Socks




You may recall from an earlier post that my friend, Jean, gave me some gorgeous Fleece Artist Merino sock yarn in the Wildflower colorway.  Well Jean likes to fish so I designed a pair of socks for her with a fish scale lace panel down the front of the sock.  I am very pleased with the outcome and Jean loves them too.  You can find the fish scale lace stitch pattern in the "365 Knitting Stitches A Year" perpetual calendar.  It is the May 31st stitch.  I knitted a 60 stitch sock on size 2 turbo addi circulars.  The stitch pattern is knitted over 17 stitches  so I decreased one stitch after the 2x2 rib at the cuff on needle #1 (the front/top of the sock) so that I would have an even 6 stitches on either side of the pattern.  I added the stitch back to knit the toe.   Other than that the pattern is just my generic top down sock.  Even so I think this means that I am a sock pattern designer now :)  I like my design so much that I am going to make myself a pair too.

No comments: