Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Jenny's Purse


As I've said before, Jenny is the owner of many of my knitting projects and this Noni Bag is one of my favorites.  This was an easy project to knit but of course when the knitting is done there is still plenty to do: felting, adding reinforcement to sides and bottom of the bag so it stands up nice, making a lining and attaching the cute little feet & handles.  It was my first time at making a lining of any kind and I found a VERY helpful tutorial on Noni's site.  I used the recommended Cascade 220 colors called for in her pattern because I loved everything about the design.  My only difference is I ended up using one large flower because I liked the way it looked.  I'm working on another Noni bag for myself and I am changing it up a bit to put my own spin on it. It's kind of on the back burner though because I keep getting sidetracked by other things like mittens, socks & spinning ;)  I promise to get to that post about spinning soon!  

1 comment:

kinipela92 said...

oy vey, well first thing I noticed unfortunately was that awful picture of me. Did I really look like that? yikes, girlfriend needs to do her hair!

Second, in addition to Jeanie, you can now add my mom to the list of people wanting a purse from you. :) AND add that compliment count list up to 12, I got two more at Safeway yesterday and one at a Thai restaurant. Dude, the restaurant one was a GUY!

and third and last, I LOVE MY PURSE!!! Its fabulous!