Tuesday, June 3, 2008

A Set for Em

This is a little set I knit for my niece, Emiley.  She is 7 and an amazing, beautiful, SMART girl.  I have asked her mom to send me a picture of her wearing it but I'm still waiting...  I really want to see that hat on her :)  Purple and green are Em's favorite colors and I knit this up with Tahki Yarns Torino. This yarn is so soft and springy but a little pricey at $8.25 for a small ball of 94 yds.  I did love knitting with it.   I bought it at a beautiful local yarn store up in Mill Creek. Main Street Yarn is a light-filled, big for a yarn shop, store with a great selection of yarns, patterns, books, bags, needles etc.  I can spend hours there just browsing.

Anyhow, back to Em's set.  The hat and mittens were both free patterns and I did plain old garter on the scarf and just changed colors when it felt right.  I guessed on the size of the mittens and they are way too small.  I hope Emiley will put them on one of her prized Build-a Bear friends and I will knit her another pair :)   

No comments: