Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Isn't she lovely?

This is my neice, Jenny, who has been the recipient of more of my knitting than any other human on the planet.  I think it is because she is a crafter too and appreciates my work and creativity.  She is a lovely young woman with an artistic/creative soul...  now if she could just support herself!  She is wearing Jen's Poncho (the real name of the pattern) which is in Sally Melville's book, The Knit Stitch.  I LOVE Sally's books and they have helped me more than any other knitting resource except for my adored knitting teacher, Birgitta.  More about Birgitta at another time.  I knit this poncho for Jenny out of Patons Divine, an inexpensive VERY fuzzy soft yarn.  It's just okay to knit with but a very pretty synthetic with 18% mohair.  I love the colors (Frosted Green for Jenny's poncho) and the price, $5.00 for 142 yards.

I have taken a class from Sally Melville at Churchmouse Yarn and Teas on Bainbridge Island.  It is the VERY best yarn store I have ever been to.  If you live in the Seattle area and have not been there yet you are in for a completely delightful experience.  It has absolutely everything a shop needs to be the best. Sally is a great teacher, designer and writer.  

No comments: