Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Four Blue Ribbons!



I had a great time at the San Juan County Fair again this year :) I had five entries at the Wool Shed and ended up with 4 blue ribbons and 1 red ribbon. The red ribbon was for some woolen handspun that I almost didn't enter because it was my first attempt at woolen spun and I wasn't completely happy with my result. I did better than I thought I would so I ended up being happy I entered it. In the foreground of this picture are the mitts I designed to go with Jean's Irish Hat. The pattern is being test knit by my friend Libby and will be available on Raverly soon.

Libby got a best in class at the county fair  for her lovely blue crocheted sweater.


I am happy for Libby but I have to admit that I want a best in class ribbon too... there is always next year ;)  



No comments: