Saturday, December 20, 2008

Mitts For a Friend

We're snowed in...  maybe I should say iced in.  When it snows in Seattle the big problem is always the icy roads.  Ice on a hill is very dangerous and we live on and are surrounded by hills just like everyone else around here. 

Anyhow, the nice thing about being homebound is I get to knit and fool around with yarn to my heart's content.  I just took pictures of these cozy mitts I made for my potter friend, Jean.  They are a gift for her 60th birthday last month.  I had one done when I went to her birthday dinner so at least she got to see her present on her birthday!  I was in the middle of painting my living room and my knitting time was seriously diminished by that project.  Anyhow I've got them done but I can't get them to Jean this week because all our plans have been cancelled by the snowy, icy, very cold weather.  

I knit up these generic mitts (I used a mitten pattern for the basic shape and and changed it to please myself) with Classic Elite Moorland in tawny birch and some left over Paca-Peds in fireside as an accent on the ribbing.  I used the Moorland for my friend, Sally's, neckwarmer and I loved it so here it is again.  The Paca-Peds if left over from, the now famous in certain circles, Mikey's sox.

Fingerless mitts are one of those things I just didn't get until I had a pair of my own. Sometimes you want  to warm your hands a bit and keep your fingers available.  These little mitts are the perfect way to keep busy fingers free.

1 comment:

Valarie Keaton said...

I agree, I didn't get the fingerless mitts deal until you knitted me a pair of my own. Now I want a pair to match every outfit!

As for the socks being famous in 'certain circles' just you wait, they'll be popping up on Perez Hilton yet! Dining at the Ivy, partying it up at Club 1Oak. Paris Hilton will be all over them socks! :)