Sunday, November 16, 2008

Real Men Love Handknit Socks Too



How irresistable is he?  My brother, Mikey, was admiring these socks again while I was finishing them during his recent visit from Pennsylvania.  Mike & I saw each other in Florida in September where we met up with our other brothers for a wake...  our dad passed away on September 2nd.  I miss him every day.  These socks were the project I took with me on that trip.  I needed something portable and mindless for the plane and while I was there.  So Mike saw these socks on my needles in Florida when they were just a few inches big.  I didn't get very far with them on the trip because I just couldn't stay focused.   When he admired them again as I completed them I had him try them on and they fit perfectly and he was so nice with his compliments and seemed to REALLY like them.  So of course I had to give them to him. Doesn't he look adorable?

I knit my standard plain sock on size 2 turbo addis with Paca-Peds alpaca blend superwash in color #604, fireside.  This beautiful yarn was a gift from my knitting buddy, Claudia.  You can find her at A New Yarn in Seattle.  If you haven't been there and you're in the area go check it out....  you never know what treasures and fab deals you might find there.  

No comments: